The Combustion and Gasification Research Group at Instituto de Carboquímica (ICB-CSIC) is pleased to announce the 6th International Conference on Chemical Looping, to be held at Hotel Hiberus in Zaragoza, Spain 20-23 September 2021.
The Instituto de Carboquímica (ICB) (www.icb.csic.es) is a public research Centre belonging to the Spanish National Research Council (Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, CSIC) (www.csic.es), the largest public research body in Spain, that covers all fields of knowledge, from basic research through to advanced technological development. ICB, since their foundation in 1940 up to now, has been focused on energy and environment, advanced materials, and chemical processes. The main research activities of ICB are focused on the Energy and Environment, Advanced Materials, and Chemical Processes. ICB has a high level reputation on research areas with high social impact (climate change, air pollution, waste recovery and valorisation, etc.), strategic areas (hydrogen production, renewal fuels, advanced materials, etc.), as well as other fields of considerable social demand and research opportunities (nanoscience and nanotechnology, new molecular sensors, etc.).
Chemical looping technology can provide clean and efficient production solutions: combustion with inherent CO2 capture, hydrogen production, gasification, reforming,…Chemical looping technology is currently being investigated through lab-scale studies, operation in pilot plants, system modeling and process simulation. Updates on activities worldwide will be presented at the 6th International Conference on Chemical Looping.
Since its beginnings in 2010, the conference has been celebrated five times:
- 1st International Conference on Chemical Looping. 2010. Institut Français du Petrole. IFP. Lyon. France. Chair: Dr. Thierry Gauthier
- 2nd International Conference on Chemical Looping. 2012. TUD. Technische Universität Darmstadt. Darmstadt, Germany. Chair: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Bernd Epple
- 3rd International Conference on Chemical Looping. 2014. Chalmers University of Technology. CUT. Goteborg, Sweden. Chairs: Profs. Carl Linderholm and Anders Lyngfelt.
- 4th International Conference on Chemical Looping. 2016. Southeast University, Nanjing, China. Chair: Prof. Laihong Shen.
- 5th International Conference on Chemical Looping. 2018. University of Utah. Park City, USA. Chair: Prof. Kevin Whitty.
|Call for Abstracts|
Final Abstract Submission Deadline
|20 February 2021|
|Notification of Acceptance||30 April 2021|
|Full Paper Submission Deadline||02 July 2021|
|Opens||19 April 2021|
|Early Registration Deadline||31 July 2021|