The Combustion and Gasification Research Group at Instituto de Carboquímica (ICB-CSIC) is pleased to announce the 6th International Conference on Chemical Looping, to be held at Hotel Hiberus in Zaragoza, Spain September 2022.
The Instituto de Carboquímica (ICB) (www.icb.csic.es) is a public research Centre belonging to the Spanish National Research Council (Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, CSIC) (www.csic.es), the largest public research body in Spain, that covers all fields of knowledge, from basic research through to advanced technological development. ICB, since their foundation in 1940 up to now, has been focused on energy and environment, advanced materials, and chemical processes. The main research activities of ICB are focused on the Energy and Environment, Advanced Materials, and Chemical Processes. ICB has a high level reputation on research areas with high social impact (climate change, air pollution, waste recovery and valorisation, etc.), strategic areas (hydrogen production, renewal fuels, advanced materials, etc.), as well as other fields of considerable social demand and research opportunities (nanoscience and nanotechnology, new molecular sensors, etc.).
Chemical looping technology can provide clean and efficient production solutions: combustion with inherent CO2 capture, hydrogen production, gasification, reforming,…Chemical looping technology is currently being investigated through lab-scale studies, operation in pilot plants, system modeling and process simulation. Updates on activities worldwide will be presented at the 6th International Conference on Chemical Looping.
Since its beginnings in 2010, the conference has been celebrated five times:
- 1st International Conference on Chemical Looping. 2010. Institut Français du Petrole. IFP. Lyon. France. Chair: Dr. Thierry Gauthier
- 2nd International Conference on Chemical Looping. 2012. TUD. Technische Universität Darmstadt. Darmstadt, Germany. Chair: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Bernd Epple
- 3rd International Conference on Chemical Looping. 2014. Chalmers University of Technology. CUT. Goteborg, Sweden. Chairs: Profs. Carl Linderholm and Anders Lyngfelt.
- 4th International Conference on Chemical Looping. 2016. Southeast University, Nanjing, China. Chair: Prof. Laihong Shen.
- 5th International Conference on Chemical Looping. 2018. University of Utah. Park City, USA. Chair: Prof. Kevin Whitty.
New dates for the conference to be held in Zaragoza (Spain): September 19-22, 2022
|Call for Abstracts|
|Opens||15th December 2021|
Final Abstract Submission Deadline
|4th March 2022|
|Notification of Acceptance||29th April 2022|
|Full Paper Submission Deadline||1st July 2022|
|Opens||18th April 2022|
|Early Registration Deadline||31st July 2022|
|Late Registration||1st August - 16th September, 2022|